INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL JOURNALISM CONVENTION
The IHSPA convention is held annually on the Franklin College campus, and it features educational programming related to all activities within student media for both students and their advisers. The day features a keynote presentation that is followed by the recognition of the Hoosier Star, Rowena Harvey contest, Indiana Administrator of the Year, Indiana High School Journalist of the Year, and Ella Sengenberger Adviser of the Year award winners. The remaining portion of the event program is filled with a wide variety of breakout sessions specifically designed to address relevant topics in scholastic journalism. Lunch is available for those who wish to purchase it. Any businesses or organizations wishing to participate should complete the exhibitor/sponsor form and submit it before Jan. 5.
2023 EVENT INFORMATION
WHEN & WHERE
• Friday, Jan. 27 @ Franklin College
REGISTRATION PER PERSON:
• IHSPA members: $10
• Non-IHSPA members: $20
• Lunch (optional): $10
• Deadline: Jan. 13
PROGRAM SCHEDULE (all times EST)
• 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. — registration table open
• 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. — session 1
• 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. — keynote presentation & awards
• 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — session 2
• 12:45 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. — session 3
• 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. — session 4
LUNCH TIMES (all times EST)
Students (pre-registration required)
• 11:40 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. — assigned group 1
• 12:35 p.m. to 1:10 p.m. — assigned group 2
Advisers (free, registration not needed)
• 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. — adviser meeting luncheon
Ready to go register? Click here to register before the Jan. 13 deadline!
Need a hotel? Click here to see options near Franklin College!
Want to present a session and earn a complimentary event registration? Click here to submit your proposal before the Dec. 16 deadline!
All dates subject to change. Schools should process payment by using the fillable invoice. Check page frequently and IHSPA social media to ensure up-to-date information. Direct questions to email@example.com.
Last updated: December 6, 2022